Saturday, February 4, 2012

2nd baby doctor appt

I've had a very busy week, starting out with a cold! YAY! Luckily it only lasted one day. I have entered a clinical trial on how Folic Acid may help prevent preeclampsia. (They are hoping that it will prove effective so they can start helping women in 3rd world countries who lose their babies and sometimes their lives because of preeclampsia.) It's not as bad in north america as we know how to and can treat it well, however 3rd world countries do not have the necessary equipment needed incase the baby needs an early delivery. I am on an extra 4 mg of either folic acid or placebo pills. I will find out in 3 years which one I am on. I got to sort of hear the heart beat through that process (which was thursday) But the doppler sucked and would only stay on for 2-3 seconds. Its a pretty easy study, I take the pills, note when I take them and go in every trimester to get weighed, blood pressure checked, urine tested for protein and heart listened to.
I did get to see the birthing rooms which look awesome. Nice big and spacious! Nice chair for Jon to be in.
Friday I went to see Dr Leblanc, she is great. She had another student with her though.. He was not as personable as I would have prefered. He didnt talk much or joke around much. Very much all business. I almost told him to smile a little lol. I got to hear the heart beat, and recorded it for Jon to hear as he was at work and couldnt come to this appt. The heart beat was between 145-150. They havnt started measuring my belly yet. They again reitterated that they are going to try at all measures for me to have a vaginal birth!
I did ask Dr Leblanc about if I need a cecerian for it to be a natural c-section. She had never heard of it so she is going to look it up. I found about it from pregtastic! (great site for preggo women) link to it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5RIcaK98Yg&feature=youtu.be. So hopefully it will be an option.
That is all the news from the world of baby. We're having a few ppl over this weekend for the super bowl. I'm on vacation this week for a very much needed break!

No comments:

Post a Comment