Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Family time is fantastic

Well today was suppose to be movie day however some little man slept a little to late on his first nap to get to the theater in time. However we did have family come down from Nova Scotia. It's their march break so they went to the indoor amusement park and I decided to take Alexander for a visit. It was so great to see them I wish I had a picture of their reaction to me showing up as they were not expecting it. Family is important to both Jon and I and we want Alexander to grow up close to his family. As close as possible when they all live away. So today he got to hang out with aunties and uncles and cousins. We ended up at Swiss Chalet for dinner and I wasn't prepared to be out as long as we were and didn't have "dinner" for him. I had puffs and cookies and formula but that's not much. I ordered the chicken breast with veggies. He ate my cauliflower and some broccoli and a few bites of chicken and drank another 2 oz of his formula. He's getting to be very good at the sippy. He also provided hours of entertainment for the family. Plus when we got home he slept for 2 hours.

So day 2 of 21 days of no snacking was great! I succeeded yay! This weekend will be the challenge as we are having ppl over Saturday night. I was going to go to zumba tonight too but seeing as how it starts at 7:30 and its now 7:30 I don't think I'll make it in time. I also want to see if I have spare money cause it's 50$ for 10 classes which is great so I can go for 10 weeks or twice a week for 5 weeks. :S Right now until I get a bit of extra money I'd rather stretch it out over time. The one thing that will make me a bit sad when I cut out breast feeding all together will be the cost of formula. It's expensive. Although he's going to have to start drinking more then 3oz a day of it! I'm hoping with time he'll get better. I'd really like to start him on cows milk at 9 months but my dr recommends formula until 1 year and Jon is really wanting it as well, so... formula it is.

I was hoping there would be some nice days this week to get out for a walk/jog, however they have so far all been overcast and rainy. Tomorrow morning it's suppose to rain but be ok in the afternoon. Perhaps I'll be able to get out and go for a walk and start jogging again tomorrow. That's basically how I learned to run, I walked, then jogged and eventually ran. If I ever get to the point where I'm successfully running races (which I hope I will be) I wanna get a personal license plate for my car that says RUNRMOM :D

So I've realized so far I've kinda been all over the place with this blog I'd like to do some better posts and try to do specific posts daily rather then this is my day and this is everything that happened lol. I have to research a bit on how to be a better blogger! Any tips and hints greatly appreciated!

And in other news someone learned to stand this week... on his own.. his crib is now lowered!

No comments:

Post a Comment